Asia has always been a continent close to Tudor's hearts and to celebrate our incredible partnership we have produced a top 10 list of amazing facts.
1) The world’s most spoken language is not English, but Mandarin Chinese, which boasts of over one billion speakers.
2) Everyone in Vietnam has the same birthday, which is celebrated on the Vietnamese New Year (aka Tet). Day one of the lunar calendar marks the beginning of a new year, and as a result, the Vietnamese, alongside the Koreans, calculate age based on the number of lunar years that have elapsed.
3) Like many other nations, North Korea does have a Christmas festival, but not to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Instead, Koreans celebrate the birthday of Kim Jong II’s mother, on December 24.
4) The Arabian Desert found in Saudi Arabia is the world’s largest continuous sandy desert.
5) The second oldest people in the world are the Japanese. They have a median age of 44.6, coming second only to Monaco’s people.
7) Afghanistan’s National Game is not soccer, basketball, tennis; it is goat grabbing.
8) Only two places on the planet are home to wild orangutans-the island of Borneo (shared by Indonesia and Malaysia) and Sumatra (Indonesia).
9) In 2013, the world’s most toured city was not New York, London, or Paris; it was Bangkok, Thailand, which recorded the highest number of international arrivals.
10) Turkey is home to the world’s tallest man (8 feet, 3 inches). The world’s tallest woman (7 feet, 8 inches) comes from China.
Worldwide Freight Services
Tudor offer services via air, sea and road to every continent including Europe, Australasia, South & North America and also Africa.
If you have any specific questions or queries, please contact our shipping team today.
Source used: 7 wonders of the world