1. It is your responsibility to ensure that all goods are packed sufficiently well so that they can travel safely to their destination. If you have any doubts - please ask!! Fragile items will require protecting so that they are not damaged in transit. Packing materials can be provided at competitive prices. Please remember it is better to be safe than sorry. All packages containing fragile items should be clearly marked "FRAGILE".
2. There are certain items which cannot be accepted for transit within your baggage or cartons as they are deemed to be hazardous. These items include, but are not limited to; aerosols, batteries (more details in point 3 below), explosives, fireworks, corrosives, paint, perfumes, pressurised containers, firearms, ammunition, radioactive items, magnet materials, fuel or other flammable items. Click here for further information or please ask us if you are unsure.
In addition, you should ensure that valuable items are not shipped by freight. This includes, but is not limited to; cash, traveller's cheques, stamp collections, deeds, tickets, jewellery, watches or similar high valued articles.
3. You should declare all items that include lithium/ion batteries when you make a booking with us. You should also note that additional charges may be applicable if your consignment includes lithium ion/metal batteries.
We are not able to send lithium/ion batteries if they have been removed from the equipment they were contained in. i.e. the batteries must be inside and part of the electronic device which they power in order for us to send them. There must be no spare or loose batteries whatsoever inside your baggage or cartons.
Lithium batteries can be found in digital cameras, video cameras, mobile phones, PDA's, iPod's, iPad's, Notebook PC's, Portable DVD Players, MP3 Music Players, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Portable (PSP), electric sharpeners, electronic dictionaries, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii, digital books, Kindles etc. Click here for further information.
Hoverboards are regarded as hazardous cargo by the airlines and many will not accept them as cargo under ay circumstances. Ask for details.
4. The price quoted for your shipment does not include insurance. In the unlikely event that any of your items are damaged or missing on arrival at destination, please ensure you sign for the goods at destination as "damaged" or "missing".
If you have not taken out private insurance, you have only minimal protection for your goods and you are not guaranteed any refunds from us.
5. Each carton or baggage should be a maximum weight of 30 kilos. Heavy items such as books should be packed into smaller cartons for ease of handling. Any large single items should be advised in advance. Suitcases should be locked.
6. Wherever possible, packages should be available for collection on the ground floor. Our drivers collect many shipments every day and your help is much appreciated.
7. All paperwork, where provided in advance by us, must be ready on collection. Also all packages must be clearly marked with the name and address of the person collecting the goods at destination.
8. All delivery/collection times provided by us are approximate only. Please allow sufficient time either side of your booking period as it is possible that the driver may arrive earlier or later than the expected delivery/collection time due to unforeseen circumstances.
9. Please have the appropriate method of payment ready on collection. You can make payment by cash into our bank account or online through our website. In some cases you will be able to pay the driver cash on collection or by debit or credit card. All cheques must clear before your freight can be dispatched.
Our bank account details are as follows:
Bank: Yorkshire Bank PLC. Account number; 3627 3395 Sort code; 05-00-85
10. Unless otherwise agreed, the consignee is responsible for arranging customs clearance and collecting the shipment from the destination airport / port. The consignee should do this as soon as possible after the shipment arrives to avoid unnecessary storage charges
11. Our prices are fully inclusive from collected in UK to arrival at destination port/airport only. Customs clearance, local handling, duties and taxes (if applicable) should be paid by the person collecting the goods at the destination unless otherwise stated.
12. All business is undertaken subject to the Standard Trading Conditions of the British International Freight Association (Latest Edition). Copies are available upon request.